Blog Journal #10

 Data collection tools such as surveys can be an excellent resource to teachers. They can help to gather insight on how students and parents feel the year is going, what can be done differently, and to generate new useful ideas. I personally plan to use surveys in my future 2nd grade class to get an idea of what my students thought about a certain activity we did, whether it be science experiments, a specific book, etc. I also plan to use surveys in the beginning of the year to ask parents what they expect to get out of the year from me and their students. 

After reviewing my classmate's blogs, I thought the range of color, design, and topics was very interesting. I liked how some blogs featured banners that showcased a beautiful classroom desk set up, which inspired me to possibly include a banner in my blog. Along with that, from looking at blog #8 and the websites my classmates made, I thought it was cool how many websites were set up to be for an elementary class. I enjoyed reading the posts and seeing how it was meant to be read my both parents and students, and I definitely took inspiration to use in my future class website. 

A technology-related skill I would love to learn next would have to be how to make short educational films. I would love to know how to make such videos in order to interactively introduce a topic to my students. Plus, if I make it myself, I would know that the information being shared is factual and exactly what I want my students to hear. I plan to learn this by watching youtube tutorials and trying to figure out how to use iMovie. 

Comments