Blog Journal #7

 I decided to take a look at the website of my old school (I attended grades 4th-12th there). I checked in on the pages of my old teachers, along with my mom's kindergarten page, as she actually teaches there. Public information on the teacher pages included a quick introduction, what the focus of the class would be, contact information, along with different tabs for calendars and any more information about what goes on in class. There was also some of the same basic school information on all of the teacher pages I looked at, such as attendance information and other policies. 


link to site

When in comes to the near future in education, technology is going to be of extreme importance. I can definitely see myself using technology to benefit me and my students in my future classroom. I definitely plan on keeping a digital classroom calendar accessible to parents and students. This will help to ensure I stay on task and keep a schedule going, as there is something listed on the calendar daily. 

After working with PB Works, I have gotten more experience with the wiki platform and I have a better understanding when it comes to creating your own "website." I personally did not like the layout of PB Works, it looked very old sometimes and it wasn't the clean, modern website making technology I was used to, like that of Blogger. I did like that once I understood how to add pages and sort of design the front page, I was able to easily set it up. I could possibly use a wiki with my future students by having them create a website based off information they have researched about a specific topic, like science topics, or even as a book report website. 

Comments