Blog Journal #5

 I personally do not have a personal Twitter account, so this has been one of my first Twitter experiences. It has been very informative for sure, I keep getting recommended many education accounts and plenty of news concerning the current election. I have been retweeting an interacting with both the FSU education account and the EME2040 account. Twitter may be helpful in my future career as an elementary teacher by providing me with creative ideas or news. 

The digital divide has been quite a pressing issue, especially in recent times with the COVID-19 pandemic. It affects students' success in schools when kids may not have access to higher technology at home due to parents not updating, or also lack in school, with teacher being older and more behind. Some of the causes of the digital divide could be due to older generations getting comfortable with current technology and not feeling the need to learn more. As a classroom teacher, I'm sure I will start to experience the other side of the digital divide, and to avoid that, I will make sure my teaching strategies are using advanced technology that my kids will understand. 

Academic software is a great way to keep kids in a classroom connected, safe, and involved with school both in and out of the classroom through technology. In my classroom, I would definitely implement both ClassDojo and SafeShare.tv. ClassDojo is a way to keep track of information and child behavior during the day to share with parents. SafeShare.tv is a way to ensure videos kids are watching on streaming services are appropriate, and it removes anything that wouldn't be. I would use both of these to keep parents informed and kids safe. 

Comments