Blog Journal #1

 Hello everyone, and welcome to my EME2040 blog! My name is Willow, and I am currently a student and gymnastics coach. I am working towards my masters in Elementary Education with two minors in child development and psych. I plan to use this degree to become a second grade teacher. 

When I was in high school, technology was used daily, with each classroom having at minimum a smartboard and computer cart. We also had a school email account tied to google products such as google classroom, docs, etc. where we would post assignments completed online. This past school year, right in the middle of March, technology and education became completely intertwined. There was no escaping the online-only learning corona had forced upon us all. 

I have a multitude of personal learning networks, the first being social media. A majority of my news, information, and anything I really need to know I can easily find on social media. In addition to that, I also find myself learning quite a bit from my friends. We always have enlightening conversations, sharing many facts along with opinions. Those two along with my teachers and classes make up my personal learning networks. 

Comments

  1. It sounds like your school was really thorough with technology integration (both hardware and software). When classes were shifted online in March, did your school provide laptops or other hardware tools to students to help them get through the semester?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, laptops were provided to pick-up from the school for those who needed them.

      Delete
  2. Hello Willow! I really enjoy your blog set up and the combination of colors it very aesthetically pleasing and easy to manage to view your blog post. Just like you in my high school technology was used daily in the classroom. By having student email accounts that connected to all my courses transitioning to remote learning in March was a smooth transition in comparison to other schools and courses that did not integrate technology.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Willow! Are you still going to be a gymnastics coach once you start teaching? I loved doing gymnastics when I was little, and I think it is amazing that you are involved with that. I used google accounts throughout high school too. We used Google Classroom my freshman year, but then switched to Canvas. We still utilized gmail, google docs, etc for our assignments. Switching to strictly online learning during Covid-19 has definitely been a challenge. It was a huge switch, but I think we can all say that it has helped us grow in our technological efficiency. My school was already using technology prior to the switch, but it was still hard to go completely online. I have never thought about how my friends impact my PLN. What kind of enlightened conversations do you have with your peers. I know my friends and I have deep conversations about politics when there is something we are struggling to learn about. You have definitely given me new ideas on how to grow my own PLN!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment