Blog Jornal #2

 I have used MS word for as long as I can remember, throughout my entire education. I did virtual school in 3rd grade, so most of my assignments were written out and submitted using Word docs. Because it's always been my staple word processing software, I've never liked google docs or anything else as much. MS word also happens to be what most of my professors require, so it works out perfectly for me. 

The ISTE standard that is most meaningful to me would have to be learner. To me, it means that teacher should always be looking for opportunities to learn from their mistakes or better their teaching in order to help children learn best. This includes switching up material or catering a lesson to teach a specific population or one that works towards a child's needs. This is important for K-12 educators as they should always be learning along with their students, no matter the age.

I definitely agree with the label of digital native on today's children. Those who were born into the technologically advanced world of today are considered to be digital native. I have definitely seen differences in how those who are digital immigrants use technology opposed to those who are digital natives, as everything is new as technology advances and progressively gets more confusing. Because of this, I anticipate a difference between me and my future students as well, since technology will most likely to continue getting even more complicated, which the younger generation will become accustomed to with ease. 

Comments